Monday, August 10, 2009

Rosemary Potato Bundles


One of the blogs I love is The Pioneer Woman Cooks. The woman who writes it is the wife of a rancher who likes meat and potatoes with all the cream, salt, butter, etc. Consequently, her food is delicious, if not a little fattening. I personally love her site and her food. That said, my husband is desperately trying to eat healthier and The Pioneer Woman is not what he is looking for. (Truthfully, I should be eating healthier, but I choose to ignore that voice in my head, most of the time). So the other night I made The Pioneer Woman's Potato Bundles and added some fresh Rosemary instead of Parsley and fell in LOVE! And so did my husband. Even though I reduced the butter and used half-and-half instead of cream he wondered if I couldn't make them even healthier and suggested using olive oil. It sounded good, I do like roasted veggies done with olive oil, I figured these should be good also. I was right, so you could say these are a lighter (not light) version of The Pioneer Woman's Potato Bundles. For more precise photos of how to assemble these check out the link to the Potato Bundles above.

Rosemary Potato Bundles (printer friendly)

Potatoes (1/person)
Onion, chopped
Olive Oil or butter (about 1/2 Tbsp-1 Tbsp butter/person)
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Cumin
Rosemary

1. You will be making individual "bundles" with 1 potato (or more if you like) per person. Make tin foil "squares" large enough to accommodate the ingredients.
2. Dice each potatoes into about 3/4 to 1-inch cubes and place each diced potato on a square of tin foil. Add chopped onion, as much as you prefer, I used 1/2 med onion for 5 people.
3. Add about 1-2 tsp olive oil to each "bundle" (I just poured a little on). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, & cumin. Top with a few leaves of fresh rosemary.
4. Wrap the foil tightly around the bundles and bake on a cookie sheet in a 375-degree oven for 45 minutes or until very tender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails