Thursday, August 20, 2009

M&M cookies

Every year for school I send some GF treats for my daughter to be kept in the freezer for when non-GF treats are brought to class. This year when I asked my daughter what she wanted she told me M&M cookies. I hadn't found a plain chocolate chip cookie that I really liked so I tried a new recipe from my The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook and adapted it and found I loved this one, GF or not. I can't tell you how much dough I ate in the process. I think I am making regular M&M cookies for the rest of us today using this recipe. Enjoy!


M&M Cookies (printer friendly)

2 1/2 C GF flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 C butter or margarine, softened
1/4 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz/"medium" bag) M&M's

1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Combine butter/margarine and shortening, beating until creamy. Combine sugars and gradually add to butter/shortening mixture, beat well. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Mix in dry ingredients. Add M&M's and stir well.
4. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool a minute on the cookie sheet; remove to cooling racks to cool all the way. Yield: about 6 1/2 dozen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails