Sunday, October 4, 2009

Smooth Peach Pie Filling

 
I originally made this for mini-turnovers and mini-pies since a regular pie filling would have been too chunky.  Thankfully, it turned out pretty yummy and would be great to make a smoother pie filling, or to use as ice cream topping or cheesecake topping, or, I just thought of this, top a cracker with some cream cheese and add some peach filling.  I am definately having that for my midnight snack.


Smooth Peach Pie Filling (printable version)


5-1/2 C peeled, & diced small*
1 C sugar
6 T cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
dash of salt
3 T butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a saucepan.  Let sit about 30-45 minutes or until a syrup forms (you won't see a syrup if you use a food processor).
2. Bring peach mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the peach pieces are tender.  Stir often.  Allow to cool.  I placed the filling in a bowl and set the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice and stirred occasionally.  Took about 1 1/2 hours.  Use for ice cream topping, pie filling or anything else that sounds good.
*I put my peeled peaches in my food processor and pulsed a few times

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails