Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chocolate Cookies to DIE for!




My sisters and I all own the Nestle Toll House Best Loved Cookies cookbook which we affectionately call "The Cookie Book".  We are constantly calling each other when we have tried a new recipe in it and telling each other you MUST try this recipe.  Their Double Chocolate Dream Cookies are just one of the recipe we all love.  But when I tried adapting it I failed MISERABLY and was so sad since my daughter LOVES these cookies.  Enter my sister whose daughter was diagnosed with Celiacs a year ago.  I told her my troubles and asked her to give it a try and, voile, success.  So this recipe is curtesy of her, thanks!  And I am not going to reveal how much dough I ate (DON'T DO THIS, IT IS BAD AND YOU MIGHT GET SICK!) while cooking these or how many I snitched before our regular ones were done.

Chocolate Cookies to DIE For printer friendly recipe
2 3/4 C flour
1/2 C baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 C butter or margarine, softened
1 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips.

1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees
2.Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a separate bowl until creamy.  Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.  Gradually add the flour.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they are puffed.  Let cool on sheet for about 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.  Makes about 2 1/2 dozen (if you don't eat the dough).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails