Twisty (kind of) Cheese Sticks (printer friendly recipe)
1 C rice flour blend
1/2 C sorghum flour
6 T butter, softened
2 C grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 C grated Parmesan &/or Romano cheese
1/4 C milk
1. Heat oven to 400-degrees and grease 2 cookie sheets
2. In a food processor add the flours, butter, and cheeses. Pulse for about a minute or until all the cheese, flour, and butter and well combined.
3. Add the egg and pulse until its combined well. With the processor running, add the milk through the feed tube and blend until the dough forms a ball (about a minute). Add more Parmesan if it seems really sticky.
4. Place 1/2 the dough on a floured surface (I used parchment paper) and roll to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1/2-inch strips that are 4-inches long. Twist the strips and line them up on the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake the strips for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long).