Thursday, January 15, 2009

Taco Soup in the Crockpot

Tonight I was going to make Scalloped Potatoes in the crockpot but realized I didn't have enough chicken broth so I decided to make Taco Soup instead. Only now I wish I had sour cream -- oh, well. The potatoes I used were gleaned by my family (thanks Family) in Idaho and sent to me. They are DELICIOUS, however, they are hard as rocks and take forever to cook so I decided to give it a boost and cook on high 1 hour. Here is the recipe I made today, as with most soup at my house it is somewhat a little of this and a little of that but the measurements here are pretty close.


Taco Soup (printer friendly)
4 potatoes diced
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chilies
2 cans kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1-lb hamburger, browned* (optional)
1 C beef broth
1 C chicken broth
1/2 tomato can of water
1 tsp garlic powder*
2 tsp onion powder*
1 Tbsp chili powder
1-2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
Cheese
Sour Cream
Fresh Onion
Corn Chips

Dump in crockpot. I am going to cook on high 1 hour and reduce to low for 5 hours since my potatoes take forever to cook!

*I had frozen browned hamburger. If you want you could brown hamburger with 2 cloves of garlic and 1 small onion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails