Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BBQ Chicken & Scalloped Potatoes

Last night I made a wonderfully delicious dinner -- so proud of me. Not the usual Tacos. I did BBQ ribs in my Crock-Pot.and then Gluten-free, dairy-free scalloped potatoes. Basically, I used 2 good recipes for Scalloped Potato and sort of combined them and then substituted Chicken broth and Cornstarch for the Milk & flour, I even got to use my fresh thyme from my herb garden. Here is the recipe:


Scalloped Potatoes (printer friendly)

2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped fine
1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4- 1/2 tsp pepper
2 1/2 C chicken broth, divided.
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes (5 med), sliced 1/8" thick

1. Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400-degrees. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 2 C chicken broth and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 C chicken broth and slowly pour into sauce while stirring. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
2. Place 1/2 of the sliced potatoes in a casserole pan and pour 1/2 the sauce over the top. Repeat with remaining potatoes and sauce.
3. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails