Thursday, January 8, 2009

4-Cheese Pasta Bake

This was originally my Sister-in-law's recipe that I fell in love with. Over the years I have tweaked it a little bit and done various versions. This particular time I made it without meat - I was too lazy to thaw and cook it - but I included everything in the actual recipe. This is one of the few recipes I actually make 2 versions, Gluten-Free and regular. I usually freeze GF leftovers in portion sizes for school lunch.

The Regular is on top, the Gluten-free is on the bottom.

4-Cheese Pasta Bake
1 12-oz pkg short cut pasta*
1 jar pasta sauce, approx depending on how saucy**
1/2 - 3/4-lb hamburger or sausage browned***
1 can mushrooms, drained***
1/2 C cottage cheese
1 3-oz pkg cream cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Cook according to package directions, Drain and place in a greased 11x7 baking dish.
3. Mix the pasta sauce, and cottage cheese into the pasta
4. Top pasta with about tsp size pieces of cream cheese and turn so they are mixed in slightly.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan and Mozzarella on top. Cover with greased tin foil and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cheese is melted.

NOTE: Once you cover the pasta you can refrigerate until ready to heat.

*penne, spiral, etc. we used a variety in the Regular version
**I used some Marinara sauce from my freezer
***Not in the photo, I didn't use it this time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails