Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Snacks

Today on the YAHOO! Gluten free recipe swap group, Jackie, posted a snack idea to take sliced apples, cinnamon & flax seed meal and toss them together in a bag for a snack. That sounded so yummy I decided to do that for my daughter's afterschool snack. However, I added a few more ingredients. It was so yummy. I also think it could make a good dessert or appetizer. I have the suggestions below the recipe. Anyway, here is the recipe:

Cinnamon Apple Snacks
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp fruit fresh
1 tsp sugar, opt.
1 tsp flax seed meal
1 tsp almond meal
1 Apple, sliced into about 12-16 sliced

In a ziploc bag or other larger bag (I used a "food & bread" plastic bag) mix everything but the apple. Add the apple and toss. Yummy!

Dessert Version
Microwave a 2 minutes and 30 seconds each after that until the apples are soft. Serve over ice cream or eat plain. I haven't tried this, but when I do I will make a post.

Appetizer Version
Chunk the apples before tossing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails