Sunday, January 18, 2009

Play Dough


So on Friday my kids were out of school and were playing nicely and one of them asked to play with playdough. Which wouldn't have been a problem except we didn't have any. So I set out to find a GF playdough recipe and found one on the "Cel-Kids" website. I followed it the first time, but it turned out a bit stickier than I would have liked. So I am added more flour to the recipe. I also added some Vanilla for flavor. I decided not to color so there wouldn't be any fighting over what color they wanted me to color it or what color they wanted to play with. Here is my new recipe:

GF Playdough
3/4 C rice flour
1/2 C cornstarch
1/2 C salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 C water
1 tsp vegetable oil
Food Coloring

Mix ingredients. Cook and stir quickly on low heat for 3 minutes or until it forms a ball. Cool completely before storing in a sealable plastic bag. I like to keep mine in the fridge, I think it stores better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails