Monday, March 9, 2009

Garlic Parmesean Corn Chips


On Saturday I made a Turkey-Vegetable Tomato Soup that was really yummy. I wanted garlic bread to go with it, but we were out of GF bread -- still need to make it. So I made some for the rest of us, (I'll have to post the recipe one of these days, it is my favorite garlic bread) and then had to decide what to do for my GF daughter. After some debating I decided I would make chips, but season them with the same seasoning I seasoned the garlic bread. They turned out so good, I almost wish I had made a huge batch of these instead of the garlic bread. The recipe is a not an exact science, but I think it is pretty easy. I am thinking I might make other flavors as well -- smoked Paprika and onion powder with cheese????

Garlic-Parmesean Corn Chips
Vegetable Oil
Corn Tortillas
Garlic Salt
Grated Parmeasean Cheese
Dried Basil

Heat oil in a small fry pan on med to med-high heat (350-375 degrees F). While heating, quarter tortillas. Fry pieces until browned on both sides -- about 30 sec on each side. Remove from oil and immediatly sprinkle garlic salt, parmesean cheese, and basil. Enjoy!

*I used the inexpensive one in the plastic container since it is extra fine, but it would be good with fresh grated, of course.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails