Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Almond-Rice Pilaf

I love basmati brown rice. It smells and tastes so yummy. It is also my favorite complement to Rocky Mountain Bean Storm. When I was making dinner last night it sounded so yummy, but I wanted to spice it up you could say, so I did. The result was DELICIOUS! and went well with our Pineapple-BBQ Chicken.

Almond-Rice Pilaf
4 C water*
4 bouillon cubes*
2 C basmati brown rice
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/3 C slivered almonds

Bring water and bouillon cubes to boil. Add rice and parsley. Reduce heat and cook for about 50 minutes. (I reduced to simmer so it didnt' burn like it did last time since I was busy painting and didn't want to forget about it and it took about 1-1/2 hours - so don't reduce too low if you are on a time crunch) When cooked, remove from heat, toast almonds and stir into rice.

*or 1 quart broth

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails