Mexican Turkey Lasagna (printer friendly)1 T olive oil
1 1/4 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 lg clove garlic, minced
2 C refried beans*
2 T chili powder*
2 tsp cumin*
1/2 tsp dried oregano*
2 tsp dried cilantro*
Salt and Pepper, to taste.
1/8-1/4 C water
6-8 corn tortillas
La Victoria, green Enchilada Sauce
Sour Cream (optional)
1. Grease an 11x7 casserole dish.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl. Add turkey, then chop onion and mince garlic and then add to turkey. Cook turkey until nicely browned. Add 1/8 C water. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add refried beans and combine.* Add more water if meat/bean mixture seems overly dry, however, don't let it get soupy.
4. Pour about 2 Tbsp of enchilada sauce
Although fuzzy and messy, this sauce is gluten free and delicious!
in the bottom of the pan. place 2 tortillas
My new favorite corn tortillas from Trader Joe's "Made from fresh ground corn, no dry cornmeal used" YUM!
in the bottom of the pan
and pour 1/3 of the remaining sauce over the tortillas.
Pour 1/2 of the meat/bean mixture over the tortillas
5. Cover with greased tin foil to prevent the cheese from sticking
6. Bake for 30 minutes on 350-degrees. Allow to set for 5 minutes after removing from the oven