Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moist, Delicious, Fudgy Brownies

I know what you are thinking, moist and gluten free, is that really possible.  Well it is.  My best baking recipes have come from regular recipes that I have adapted and this is no exception.  This one comes from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and is one of my 2 go-to recipes for brownies.  Last night we had some GF company who also had a daughter with a dairy allergy so I made this version since it is the easiest to make dairy-free.  One of these days I'll post my other one.  I love making brownies, they mix up quick and in about 40 minutes you have warm, fresh from the oven brownies.  Try them!

Moist, Delicious, Fudgy Brownies (printer friendly)
1/2 C + 2 T dairy free margarine, or butter
6 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C GF flour blend
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 C chopped nuts, opt

1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe mixing bowl add margarine and chocolate.  Melt in the microwave until butter is very soft, but not liquidy - about 30 seconds then stir and another 30 seconds.
3. Add sugar and mix, then add eggs and vanilla.  Combine flour and xanthan gum and add to chocolate mixture and mix until no flour streaks remain.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs on it.  Allow to cool (if you can wait that long) and enjoy.  The original recipe says it makes 24 brownies, but that is just too small of brownies for me so I just cut it into 16.  Enjoy what you want and then individually freeze the remaining brownies for later.  YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails