Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pineapple BBQ Chicken

Last night I had planned to try a new chicken recipe from Artsy-Foodie, however, my husband decided we should paint most of the upstairs this week. Since I have been wanting to do this for 3 years, I was very excited and had to come up with something else that was quick and easy. It also needed to have chicken since I had chicken in the fridge that desperately needed to be eaten. On the Glutenfreerecipeswap YAHOO! group someone had posted a recipe for pineapple beans which sounded divine, and I was inspired to do a similar thing with chicken, except I used bottled BBQ sauce instead of making my own. We ate this with Almond-Rice Pilaf and the kids LOVED it. My son, who has decided he hates everything he used to love, said when I told him what we were having "I love rice! I love chicken!" and ate everything on his plate.

Pineapple BBQ Chicken
4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts cut in half so you have 8 smaller pieces*
1 Bottle BBQ sauce
1 can pineapple tidbits drained

In a large oven proof pan (about 11x7) lay chicken breast pieces out. Pour about 3/4 bottle of BBQ sauce over the top. Dump drained pineapple over them. Cook in a 350-degree oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (depending on when the chicken is ready to eat and you are ready to eat it).

Or just dump in a crockpot and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 on low.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails