Thursday, October 23, 2008

Parmesan Zucchini Marinara


Last night I made a meat-free meal and while the kids were less than thrilled I really liked it. So here it is. I adapted the Zucchini recipe from an idea from a friend, hollygee, on a gluten-free yahoo group. Thanks!

Parmesan Zucchini Marinara
Marinara Sauce (use your own or mine here.)
Large Zucchini, 2-3" wide
1-2 Egg
1/2 C Corn Flour
1/2 C Almond Meal
1/2 C Potato Flour
1/3 C Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Oil

1. Make Marinara sauce if you are making it from scratch. Do not do the rest of the recipe until the sauce is cooked.
2. Slice zucchini about 3/4"-1" thick.
3. In a small flat bowl, big enough to fit the zucchini slices, break and slightly beat 1 egg, (add more later if necessary.
4. In a separate flat bowl, big enough to fit the zucchini slices, combine flours.
5. Heat oil, about 1/2" deep in a skillet until it pops when water is flicked at it. I usually get my hands wet and the flick the excess water. I know this probably isn't the safest way, but it is my method for skillet frying.
6. Dip zucchini in egg then in flours until evenly coated and place in skillet. Cook until browned and turn and cook the other side. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
Don't they look pretty.


7. Place a 1/4 slice of provolone cheese on each zucchini.

8. Pour Marinara Sauce over the top of the zucchini and top with Parmesan cheese.

 I 4 x's the recipe and froze the leftover marinara for later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails