Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Cone Syrup

 

Last month I taught preschool as a part of a preschool with a group of mom's.  Our topic was snow and for our treat we had snowcones.  I got a snowcone maker a few years ago and have had a lot of fun with it.  But this was my first attempt at making my own syrup.  I made the syrup the way I make my maple syrup and it turned out too thick.  That said it was delicious.  Here is the recipe with a thinner syrup.

Snow Cones (printer friendly)
2 C water
2 C sugar
Candy flavoring

1. In a saucepan combine the water and sugar.  Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1 minute.  Remove from stove.


You can flavor the whole batch or separate into different bowls for flavoring.  Add about 1/8 tsp flavoring to each bowl.  Taste and add more flavoring as needed.  Color with food coloring if desired
I made, pina colada, lemon, and raspberry.

1 comment:

Food Blogger Nidhi said...

Great share, I was always looking forward to buying snow cone syrups and this guide helped me a lot, I also referred commercial brand snow cone syrups along with this article and I hope it helps

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails