Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken Fajitas

 

We love fajitas.  I use to use mixes, but of course, with the whole GF thing that is less of an option.  I know there are GF mixes, but I must admilt I have come to enjoy making my own.  I use a recipe from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook which is one of my many cookbooks I LOVE.

Chicken Fajitas (printer friendly)
2 chicken breast halves, sliced about a 1/2 inch
2 T Veg Oil
2 T lime juice
salt & pepper to taste
1 med onion, sliced thin
1 green pepper, sliced thin*
1 red pepper, sliced thin*
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2-4 tsp water
Corn Tortillas
Sour Cream (opt)
Guacamole (opt)
Cheese (opt)

1. Heat a large skillet on med-high heat.  Add 1 T oil and swirl around pan.  Add chicken and salt & pepper.  Saute until cooked through and browned.  Remove to a bowl and add lime juice.  Toss to thoroughly coat.

2. In the skillet, add the remaining oil and add the onions and peppers, along with the chili powder and cumin along with salt and pepper to taste.  Saute until the onions are soft and translucent.  Add water as needed so they don't burn.

3. Add chicken and stir until it all combined and the seasoning is evenly distributed.
4. Serve on tortillas with sour cream, guacamole and cheese and any other toppings you desire.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails