Monday, October 25, 2010

Choose Your Own Lettuce Wraps

A while ago I was planning on making chicken tacos and got them almost made only to realize I didn't have tortillas or chips.  Needless to say, I was annoyed.  After searching the fridge, freezer and cupboards I found some Romain lettuce and decided to just use the lettuce as the "tortilla."  They were wonderful, and I felt so healthy.  That said, I have found that butter lettuce works a lot better, but Romain works in a pinch.  The other night I decide to do a "clean out the fridge" and do lettuce wraps.  It turned out wonderfully.  I basically took anything and everything out of the fridge and cupboard that needed to be eaten, along with browning up some hamburger with onion and salt & pepper, although chicken or pork or no meat would work just as well, and set it all on the table.

I know the table looks crazy!
We then all sat down at put together whatever looked like a yummy combination.  Often, one of us would come up with a good idea and we would all copy.  It was such a fun, quick, and easy meal, and now my fridge is cleaned out.

Basically just put the ingredients in the middle of the lettuce and roll it up and enjoy

Here are a few of our favorites: (Printer Friendly Recipe)


Mexican Wrap
hamburger
cheese
onions
tomatoes
fritos
corn
taco sauce
sour cream

Asian Wrap
hamburger
onion
red pepper
cabbage
rice
soy sauce
chinese noodles (I realize they aren't GF but this was my plate, and I added them)
 
Pizza Wrap
Turkey Pepperoni
hamburger
Mozarella cheese

 Veggie Wrap
Tomatoes
cabbage
Onion
Corn
Red Peppers

Spicy BBQ
Hamburger
Mozzarella Cheese
Corn
Fritos
A1 Sauce
Green Taco Sauce


Coconut Shrimp
Coconut
Cooked Shrimp
I must admit this wasn't my favorite, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had had Cocktail Sauce -- Next Time

So next time you have lots of leftovers grab some lettuce and get wrapping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails