Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers

I love grilling! Or more precisely, I love food that is grilled. The last few weeks I haven't done much but care for baby, read and watch TV while recovering from my C-section. One day I was watching The Food Network and they featured a hamburger contest. When I saw the hamburgers with cheese in them, they looked so good I had to try it and it was yummy, although I still need to perfect my technique. NOTE: the bun above is not GF, we were out so my daughter just ate it plain. Sometimes we put it on her bread, but our oven has been broken and I haven't made it to the store to get her some bread.

Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
2 lbs hamburger
Steak Seasoning (opt.)
1/3 C diced or grated cheese, divided into 5 portions
Before I divided the cheese, my husband and I had pepper jack, and the kids cheddar.

1. Divide the hamburger into 4 -5 equal portions.* Lay the cheese in the center of the burger.

2. Gently fold the burger around the cheese, fully encasing the cheese inside. If there are any cracks or if the wall of the burger is too thin, the cheese will leak out while cooking (this is the part I am perfecting).
3. Spread about 1 Tbsp vegetable oil on a plate and place burgers on the plate turning them so both sides are coated in oil.
4. Grill until done.

*Another method to encase the cheese is to divide the hamburger into 8 equal portions and then "sandwich" the cheese between two portions of meat for 4 burgers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, yammy.........
Thanks for this yammy blog......

plz. click here

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails