Friday, April 17, 2009

Potato Logs & Sauce

This is one of my favorite treats, and really while this post has a recipe for potato logs, it is all about the sauce. "Fry Sauce" to be exact. It is somewhat of a Utah/Idaho thing, but it should be everywhere. You should try it, you just might be hooked.


Potato Logs
4-5 Russet Potatoes, sliced lengthwise, skin on
2 Tbsp oil
Season salt, or any combo of spices.

1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees
2. On a large cookie sheet place 1 Tbsp oil and spread over pan.
3. In a Gallon Zip-loc bag pour remaining oil and add potatoes. Close bag and toss.
4. Lay potatoes out on pan so the skins are down. Sprinkle seasoning over potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes.


Fry Sauce
Measurments are approx, since I use color to determine ratio
1/2 C Ketchup
1/3 C Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
1 tsp Horseradish, opt.
1/2 tsp relish, opt.

1. I measure based on color, so here goes. Place ketchup in small bowl, add mayo and horseradish. Mix. Add more mayo or ketchup until it is salmon pink in color. I didn't have enough may in the above photo so I had to add more. I didn't do relish this time.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Try this one:
Slice potatoes like potato chips (very thin) spray pan with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, parmesan &/or romano cheese. Bake @ 400-450 for about 20 min. Just until the thinnest ones start to brown. Yummy!

Carol said...

Hi Natalie.

I'll try them out on the kids. I think they will enjoy them :)

Come on over to my blog for a visit. There is an Online Quilt Festival that you can link to from there. I promise you will enjoy it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails