Monday, January 11, 2010

Ground Nutmeg


Just a note about one of my favorite ingredients -- Ground Nutmeg.  I must admit until about a year ago I only used the nutmeg that came already ground.  I was happy with it and it tasted really good, or so I thought.  Then I was watching the Food Network and found so many of the cooks would grate their own, so I thought I would try it, not expecting it to be too much better, but I figured it would be fun. 

Boy was I wrong!  It was like night and day.  The taste of everything I put it in went up a level.  I have found new ways to use it and have found it to be absolutely divine in everything from desserts to just a little in white sauces (thanks Rachel Ray for the tip).  So I must recommend if you can, to get a small metal zester and some whole nutmeg and grate your own, you will not be dissappointed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails