Monday, April 21, 2008

What a happy day!!

One of the things I enjoy doing is something called "pysanky," which is Ukrainian egg decorating, and the best eggs to use are organic. After searching my small town I found a health food store, "Shang-gri-la" that sold WHITE organic eggs -- everyone else only sells brown. While this was great news, even better was the fact that this small store has the largest Gluten-free selection of food in town. I was so happy I nearly cried. I don't have to drive 1-1/2 hours to a GF store in Salt Lake City or order on the internet some of my daughter's favorite treats. They also had a large selection of baking goods, and other GF products. I even told the owner that his store is going to be my daughter's favorite. Perhaps the best part was when my daughter got home I showed her the crackers and cookies (oreo & kit-kat copies) she was so excited she could hardly sit still. I definitely had a good mom day. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

that is ALWAYS a relief when you find a place that actually carries gluten free foods!! I have to drive a long ways to find them too and usually order most of my supplies online! I'm glad you found such a great store! Thank you for commenting on my site! Keep up your blog! I think you have a great place to start!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails